Wednesday 20 November 2019

The Labour Party European Manifesto Cover



Nobody reads party manifestos.   Well I do, as it happens.  And I am particularly looking forward to the Labour Party one.  I am pretty confident the press won't like it though.  Indeed I heard pundits saying the question was whether it was going to be the longest or the second longest suicide in history even before it had been agreed let along published.  But I will have a more open mind.  In the meantime to get in the mood I've had a look at the cover of the one they put out for the European election earlier this year.


I like the style.  It looks contemporary.  It is simple but carries a lot of information.  We see wind farms in photo and in symbolic form.  We see someone working - which is sort of what the party is about.  And we see a big container ship.  So 2019 Labour is about being green, being pro people who labour and positive about trade.   That is not a bad amount of information.

I like the tag line of being for the many not the few.  But I don't like seeing it twice.  That aside, the heading of Transforming Britain and Europe and the very similar Rebuilding Britain, is quite stirring.

So basically the cover does its job.  It gets the message across and makes you want to read it.

Of course the Euro elections were something of a rush job as nobody expected to be having them.  But this is also the case for the current General Election.   Nonetheless I expect there will be a bit more meat in the Labour programme for government.

https://labour.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Transforming-Britain-and-Europe-for-the-many-not-the-few.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Don't Think Things Are So Bad

Weirdly I feel very optimistic.  I was expecting the Tories to win big.  Well they won a lot bigger than I expected.  Their losses in th...