Saturday 2 November 2019

Farage Intervention - Good For Brexit, Bad For Johnson

I blogged a few days back that I hoped the Brexit Party would limit their ambitions and only fight a few targetted seats.  Unfortunately they aren't as green as they are cabbage looking and they are going big.  This means that every ballot paper will have the word Brexit on it and this will encourage more people to consider the issue during the voting process. 


This will mainly hit Labour.  Their policy on the issue is sensible, logical and ought to achieve its aim of diffusing the issue.  Needless to say that I and millions of others hate it.  Being jogged about Brexit will encourage people to vote on this issue which will mainly benefit the Tories and the Lib Dems.  As a bonus the Brexit Party will no doubt pull in a couple of million votes and get no representation, which can be quoted as an example of how unfair it all is and how the establishment are out to get them.

So on the whole this is bad news for Mr Corbyn.  But I don't think it is good news for Johnson.

It means that the highly effective Farage will be on television in his capacity as a leader of a national party.  It will really highlight just how rubbish Johnson is at that sort of thing.  The Tory Party's internal revolution is still running its course and it could well turn on its current leader.

1 comment:

  1. “Highly effective Farage” - there’s your problem. From over here, I don’t get it. The guy looks like a frog and his voice makes me keep a hand on my wallet. Unless you all can fix the cultural flaw that he’s exploiting, the UK is doomed.

    ReplyDelete

I Don't Think Things Are So Bad

Weirdly I feel very optimistic.  I was expecting the Tories to win big.  Well they won a lot bigger than I expected.  Their losses in th...