Sunday 24 November 2019

The Labour Manifesto And Brexit

The bit on Brexit is the last and shortest section of the Labour Party manifesto.

The policy is a moderate and well thought out approach that aims to gain the widest possible support from a country that is divided.  It proposes a relatively mild form of Brexit with continued participation in many EU schemes.  This will minimise the disruption that leaving the EU would cause.  In a nod to how controversial the whole leaving the EU issue is, a further referendum will be held to confirm that this arrangement meets with the agreement of the people.

It is hard to fault this policy as a way of defusing a tough topic.

I hate it.  I'd rather Labour brought the same passion to remaining in the EU that it has to just about everything else.  I haven't decided who will be getting my vote yet.  I would like to support Labour, but this one issue could lead me to vote for the Lib Dems or more likely the Greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Don't Think Things Are So Bad

Weirdly I feel very optimistic.  I was expecting the Tories to win big.  Well they won a lot bigger than I expected.  Their losses in th...