Friday 4 November 2016

Remain Back In The Lead In The Polls



Not much of a story but as I am hoping this blog will be a record of the process, the first poll to show majority support for remaining in the EU popped up this morning.

http://www.bmgresearch.co.uk/tories-best-party-handle-brexit/

That has been the direction of travel since the referendum - in fact if my reading of the numbers is correct since about a week before the referendum - so not much of a shock.  The difference is still too small to undermine the democratic mandate of the actual referendum. But modest as this news is, it is more significant than the story generating the lurid headlines this morning.  The probability of Brexit simply fizzling out from lack of interest is still not great, but it is a possibility nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Don't Think Things Are So Bad

Weirdly I feel very optimistic.  I was expecting the Tories to win big.  Well they won a lot bigger than I expected.  Their losses in th...