Saturday 20 July 2019

The Establishment Get Darren Grimes Off

Image result for i know my place
Someone was bound to bring class into Brexit

Darren Grimes is a very annoying man.   His main point is that he is working class - something which is hardly an achievement in itself requiring simply to be born that way.   I managed the same trick.  And it is certainly true that being working class does come with some disadvantages.  There isn't a huge amount you can do about it.  But one thing that I recommend is not going on about it all the bleeding time.  It's much better to be clear eyed about the way the world is and behave accordingly.


Going on about it all the bleeding time seems to be a big part of Darren Grimes does on Twitter.  I called him out on it once.  "Cut the four Yorkshiremen act.  I'm just as working class as you and I think Brexit is a crock of shit."    Or something like that.  He blocked me.  So I know he has read at least one of my tweets.

Anyway he is now in the news again.  He got the backing of his rich friends to overturn the fine he had to pay for misrepresenting his activities during the  referendum campaign.   One of the disadvantages of being working class is that you don't have the money to use the legal system to protect your rights.  It turns out that this isn't a problem when you are doing the establishment's bidding.

None of this comes as much of a surprise.  It's pretty much business as usual.  But the bit that did raise my eyebrows is to see arch defender of the establishment Guido Fawkes explicitly using the threat of legal action to silence critics.  We all know that the rich and powerful have ways of keeping us in our place, but it is rare to see it made so obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Don't Think Things Are So Bad

Weirdly I feel very optimistic.  I was expecting the Tories to win big.  Well they won a lot bigger than I expected.  Their losses in th...